It's looking like I'm going to be spending my birthday solo this year... but for the sake of pulling together all these fun items, let's pretend I'm going to have a fabulous birthday party with lots of friends and family there to help me celebrate! I turn the big 2-7 next Monday and these are some of the goodies from my most wanted list:
1. Some people refer to me as Alice, which I usually just go with, unless I’m planning on meeting them IRL. Survival of the Hippest makes necklaces with your Twitter name! I'd rock @FollowRabbits with style. They also do hashtags. #Brilliant
2. I've been flipping through Paris guidebooks at the library, but I could really use some of my own that I can mark up and keep. I'm also in desperate need of a new French-English dictionary so I can brush up on my francais!
3. I start every day off with a cup of tea in my pajamas, usually in front of my computer. This heart teacup and saucer set is the cutest! Would make a cheery cup of tea to kick off a productive day.
4. I've been lamenting the demise of the Polaroid. This Fujifilm Instax Mini camera is pretty sweet. Spits out credit card sized instant photos and the film won't break the bank. Fun!
5. Last year I launched a clothing line, Loyalty II Royalty. I've sadly let the project go to the wayside a bit, but this past week I've been cooking up a new t-shirt design, hoodies, scarves, baby shirts, and tote bags. I need more Yudu screenprinting supplies to keep up with the creativity!
6. Alice's Tea Cup offers picnic boxes to take to nearby Central Park! The box is filled with their afternoon tea service: 2 scones, 2 sandwiches (cut into tea-sized thirds), a piece of cake and assorted cookies, along with 2 teas- hot or iced. A birthday picnic is almost as good as a mad tea party, no? (Don't forget a candle for the cake!)
7. I got a laptop for Christmas and have since become very attached to it. (I'm surprised I haven't named it yet...) With all of my projects, websites, blogs, twitter, fb, etsy- I like having it with me at all times! This AiW laptop bag is small enough to bring on the rush hour train without people giving me the stink-eye (trust me, it happens) but has space for my power cord and mouse. Extra pockets are nice since my laptop bag also doubles as my purse when I carry it.
8. At risk of having Mario make another Jersey Shore joke at my expense, I'm going to openly admit that I really want new Ed Hardy sneaks! I have a metallic pink pair that are so beat, and they're my fave for kicking around the city in. (And I don't have a spray-on orange tan or talk about myself in the third person, so it's okay, right?)
9. I'm lucky enough to have great big windows in my apartment that face the Manhattan skyline. I'm unlucky in that I suffer from frequent migraines and sunshine quickly becomes my enemy numero uno. I've been meaning to pick up a sleep mask for such instances, and this one is adorable!
Truthfully, what I'd really love is someone to spend my day with. I had friends and family around last year and we made a whole weekend of my birthday- Coney Island, beers and baseball at Professor Thom's, dinner at Sweetie Pie... was so great! A nice dinner at my fave Italian spot downtown and a trip to the top of the Empire State Building would be grand... alas, maybe next year.